In the market for a new broadband provider? Well, Virgin Mobile has released a new unlimited broadband plan this week called Virgin MiFi that’ll run you about $40 per month. This wireless hotspot can connect up to 5 devices at one time and is contract free. In the world of wireless data plans, this is revolutionary. Other carriers require contracts and limit your data consumption, but Virgin Mobile’s MiFi lets you remain in control. At first, this new plan may seem like a dream come true, but there are some drawbacks you should be made aware of before you run out to pick one up.
A few things to consider about Virgin MiFi:
1. It runs on Sprint’s unreliable network which is a problem in and of itself.
2. Did you read #1? IT RUNS ON SPRINT’S NETWORK.
3. Because Sprint uses CDMA technology, Virgin MiFi won’t work abroad.
4. The upfront cost for the MiFi mobile hotspot is $150 or $80 for a USB dongle.
5. Internet reports cite some issues with connectivity.
As with anything, do your research and decide for yourself. Remember, most of the time the old adage is correct–you do get what you pay for. Is that the case with Virgin MiFi?