The web is buzzing about tonight’s premiere of Survivor: Nicaragua. In it’s 19th season, the show continues to captivate viewers year after year. I guess if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, right? But to stay fresh, this season has some new twists that should be interesting to see played out. Whether you’re an old fan or a newbie, here are 5 Reasons to watch Survivor: Nicaragua this season.
5. Old timers vs. Young punks – We’ve seen this before, where the tribes are split down the middle by age, but according to BuddyTV.com, not everyone is happy about this:
The castaways are shocked to learn that the tribes are divided into tribes of 10 older players and 10 younger players. When Probst announces this twist, all the young contestants cheer and the older contestants seem like they had the rug pulled out from under them.
4. The “Medallion of Power” - What the what? This makes the “Immunity Idol” seems so passe. Apparently there’s a medallion hidden somewhere on the island. The first castaway to clam the MOP for their tribe will gain a huge advantage in an immunity challenge. The difference between the MOP and the immunity idol, though, is that the MOP can be used to help the entire tribe, as opposed to just one. But don’t worry, the immunity idol is still around, waiting to be found by a snooping little weasel.
3. New Wednesday time slot! Now, you get to see your favorite scantily clad castaways wither away to nothing a whole day earlier than last season!
2. TV’s favorite Emmy winning host: Jeff Probst – Why that man must talk so much as the tribes engage in highly physical and mental challenges is beyond me. Methinks one day a castaway will just tell him to STFU! In the meantime, Probst is as much a part of Survivor as the castaways themselves. And he always knows the right buttons to push at Tribal.
1. The cast, of course - From ex-NFL coach Jimmy Johnson to a guy nicknamed “Fabio,” this season’s castaways do no disappoint. I should know, I used to cast the show.