If you had to choose between Apple CEO Steve Jobs and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, who would you think is the richest? If you still think Steve Jobs has the lead, you’d be sadly mistaken. This and other news was released today in the Forbes 400 Richest People in America list, a compilation of the country’s 400 wealthiest people.
The Facebook clan has a presence on the list with Zuckerberg seeing the largest relative increase. He more than tripled his fortune to $6.9 billion and deservedly took the 35th spot on the list. He is not alone because fellow Facebook co-founders Eduardo Saverin and Dustin Moskovitz joined the list with respective fortunes of $1.15 billion and $1.4 billion. At only 26 years old, Moskovitz is the youngest billionaire in the world.
Here are some more facts about the Forbes 400 America’s Richest:
- The oldest on the list is David Rockefeller Sr., 95, worth $2.4 billion.
- Oprah Winfrey took the 130th spot and is one of only 42 women on the list.
- With 83 billionaires, California is the state with the most billionaires.
- Steve Jobs is number 42 with $6.1 billion
- The 400 billionaires’ collective net worth soared by 8% from 2009 with a total of $1.37 trillion — which is approximately the same as the GDP of Canada or Spain.
In other news, some things haven’t changed. Microsoft founder Bill Gates is holding on to the top spot with a net worth of $54 billion.
recommended for you
- Warren "Downer Debbie" Buffett Says We're Still In A Recession | The Wire | SheKnows.com Blog
- The End Is Near! Facebook is DOWN!! | The Wire | SheKnows.com Blog
- World Wide News Flash