Ever see something so beautiful in nature that you just don’t believe what you’re seeing? A frozen lighthouse in Lake Erie is gaining worldwide acclaim and I have to admit, it is pretty darn cool and looks like something from another planet.
A pic and video of the frozen lighthouse after the jump!
Artic winds splash a constant stream of water onto the Cleveland Harbor West Pier lighthouse and buoys at the mouth of Cuyahoga River leaving them encased in a thick layer of ice. The frozen lighthouse looks like a winter wonderland and is a remarkable sight.
Although the frozen lighthouse is fun to marvel at, it’s not having that effect on mariners. Because of the thick ice, light cannot penetrate making its purpose of navigation impossible. But for all of us non-mariners out there, the ice sculptures are pretty.
Check ‘em out for yourself. Here’s a video of the frozen lighthouse and other natural ice sculptures in Lake Erie:
- 10/15/2010 • Today is ‘Sweetest Day’ So Buy Your Girlfriend Chocolate
- 10/07/2010 • Roberto Alomar’s Wife Says HIV Positive Ex-Ball Player Forced Unprotected Sex With Her
- 10/04/2010 • New York Giants Literally Sack Chicago Bears into Submission
- 09/28/2010 • Former President Jimmy Carter Hospitalized For Stomach Pain
More From SheKnows Explorer
- Tweets that mention Nature Sculpts A Frozen Lighthouse In Lake Erie | The Wire | SheKnows.com Blog -- Topsy.com