More details after the jump!
Snow machines? No need at Mammoth Mountain! Skiers and snowboarders can revel in the fact that their powder is all natural. At the resort’s highest peaks, Mother Nature dumped nine feet of fluffy white powder and the lower elevations got about six feet. Forecasters have even issued an avalanche warning!
Mammoth Mountain’s Twitter page joked at their good fortune and said:
Measuring snow ‘in inches is *so* last week: we busted out the yardstick.’
Mammoth Mountain is in Mammoth Lakes, California and seems like THE place to be if you want to take advantage of all winter has to offer. From their site:
* Over 3,100 vertical feet
* Over 3,500 skiable acres
* Over 150 named trails
* Over 300 days of sunshine per year
* Top elevation: 11,053 feet
* Base elevation: 7,953 feet
* Average snowfall: 400 inches
* Snowmaking: 46 trails
* 28 lifts (includes 9 high speed quads, 2 high speed six-packs and 3 high speed gondolas)
* Terrain: 15% expert, 20% advanced, 40% intermediate, 25% beginner
* Winter season: approx. Nov. to June
So what’s the most snow you’ve ever seen?
recommended for you
- World Spinner
- Tweets that mention Mammoth Mountain Buried In Over Nine Feet Of Snow | The Wire | SheKnows.com Blog -- Topsy.com