Still not sure what to cook for the big Christmas feast? Or maybe you’ve already picked up a nice prime rib but you have no idea how to cook it? Look no further–you’ll find a couple of yummy prime rib roast recipe ideas after the jump!
Try one of these prime rib roast recipe ideas that will surely have your guests lining up for seconds!
This one is from Emeril Lagasse:
* 1 (about 14 to 16 pound) beef rib, roast ready
* Essence seasoning, recipe follows
* 12 cloves of peeled garlic
* 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
* 1 large onion, sliced 1/4-inch thick
* Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Using a sharp knife, make a slit 3/4 of the way up the fat cap. Pull the fat cap back and season the entire roast with Essence. Place the garlic, thyme and onion slices in-between the meat and fat cap. Lay the fat cap back over the vegetables and meat. Using butchers twine, secure the fat cap to the meat by tying the two together at six different intervals (wrap the twine from the rib end to the loin end). Cover the exposed fat cap with cracked black pepper. Place the roast, rib side down, on a wire rack. Place the wire rack in the oven on the center rack. Place a drip pan on the bottom rack of the oven. This will catch all of the drippings from the roast. Roast for 1 1/2 to 2 hours for medium rare. Remove the roast from the oven and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Using knife, cut away the butchers twine. Carve the roast into individual servings. Reserve the drippings for later use
Essence (Emeril’s Creole Seasoning):
* 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
* 2 tablespoons salt
* 2 tablespoons garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon black pepper
* 1 tablespoon onion powder
* 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
* 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
* 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Here’s a prime rib roast recipe from Cooking Light:
Yield: 17 servings (serving size: about 3 ounces meat)
* 1 (6 1/2-pound) rib-eye roast, French-cut and trimmed
* 1 tablespoon kosher salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1.Preheat the oven to 325°.
2. Rub roast on all sides with salt and pepper. Place roast, bone side down, in a roasting pan. Loop and tie twine between each of the bones (to help the roast hold its shape as it cooks). Bake at 325° for 2 hours or until a thermometer inserted into thickest portion of roast registers 130° or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from oven. Place roast on a cutting board. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Try pairing your prime rib roast with a fine bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon or a Malbec. The blackberry and cherry flavors along with the dry tannins balance the juiciness and fat of the roast. Bon appetit!
recommended for you
- Yummy Christmas Recipes: Twice Baked Potatoes And More! | The Wire | SheKnows.com Blog
- Tweets that mention Christmas Cooking: Prime Rib Roast Recipe | The Wire | SheKnows.com Blog -- Topsy.com