It’s almost time to get glammed up and uncork a bottle of bubbly as we ring in 2011! New Year’s Eve celebrations tend to get a little wild in my neck of the woods and while fun is the ultimate goal, we also want to stay safe.
Help avoid a New Year’s disaster by taking these New Year’s safety tips into consideration–after the jump!
It seems like common sense goes out the window after the clock strikes midnight, but with a little forethought, your New Year’s Eve can be safe AND fun. Take a look at these NYE safety tips that will get you home in one piece:
• Don’t drive if you don’t have to! Use public transportation or taxis where possible and be patient!
• Watch out for pedestrians who may be a little tipsy. Don’t assume that everyone will use crosswalks or walk in a straight line.
• Have a network of friends that will have each other’s backs in an emergency or change of plans. Along with that, have someone be the DD in your group if you are driving.
• Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings. Trust your instincts.
• Only put necessary items in your wallet and handbag. You can leave that Victoria’s Secret gift card you got for Christmas at home along with with any other valuables.
• If you are drinking, plan ahead and stick to your plan. Don’t forget to drink water or non-alcoholic beverages in between alcoholic ones.
•Do not leave drinks unattended.
•No matter what, do not drink and drive! The consequences aren’t worth it!
Oh, and don’t forget to have fun!