Ready to feel like a kid again? Opening in Wide Release this weekend is the highly anticipated JJ Abrams/Steven Speilberg flick Super 8, about aliens taking over a small town in the summer of 1979 after a catastrophic train crash.
I’ve already bought my ticket. But if you want to see what other movies are opening this weekend. Find out… after the jump!
Along with Super 8, starring mostly unknown actors (not for long!), there’s a more kid friendly flick that also looks super cute.
Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer – A bummed-out third-grader’s boring summer takes an unexpectedly adventurous turn when her Aunt Opal comes to visit. Did I mention that Aunt Opal is the super hot Hangover star, Heather Graham? Might be fun for the whole family now, no?!
Weekend Box Office Top 10
1. X-Men: First Class The story of a young Professor X and Magneto, who use their extraordinary abilities to prevent nuclear armageddon.
2. The Hangover Part II Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis are back as best buddies who wake up in Bangkok with big problems.
3. Kung Fu Panda 2 Jack Black returns as the voice of Po the Dragon Warrior, facing his greatest challenge yet in another animated martial arts adventure.
4. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Johnny Depp returns as Captain Jack Sparrow, who crosses paths with the fierce pirate Blackbeard and a woman from his past.
5. Bridesmaids Kristen Wiig is a simple Midwestern girl who takes on the daunting, bizarre task of being her best friend’s maid of honor.
7. Fast Five Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Dwayne Johnson get behind the wheel in the latest installment of the blockbuster auto action series.
9. Jumping the Broom Worlds collide when two families from divergent backgrounds get together for a weekend wedding in Martha’s Vineyard.
10. Something Borrowed After one drink too many, a perpetual good girl unexpectedly ends up in bed with her best friend’s fiance, with explosive complications.